Wednesday 17 September 2014

New Boy Mauro Will Struggle

Once dubbed the 'new Maradona' Mauro Zarate now finds himself as the number 10 of West Ham United. Now, I love my club but I'm not deluded  and its safe to say that the ex Argentina u20 international hasn't exactly lived up to expectations. 

Since joining in the summer, Zarate has looked to have settled into the squad, becoming a regular in the first team and for the most part, making a positive impact. Most notably scoring a perfectly struck volley against Crystal Palace, a goal in which the original Maradona would have been proud of. 

One thing that I have noticed about Zarate is that he will often fade out of games, for example, against Hull the other night he was non existent for the most part and was subsequently substituted in the second half. It would be irrational to think that any player should carry on with the same intensity from the first minute up until the 90th; as fatigue will start to set in but I see Mauro being sacrificed by Allardyce when Kevin Nolan returns  

Its became a well known fact that Big Sam is a fan of Nolan( Understatement of the year I know) and the guy basically walks into the side. No matter how poorly he performs, Nolan never seems to get dropped. Unlike Nolan, Zarate offers the side more pace, energy and class - and don't get me wrong 5 years back, Kevin would have had a right to be undroppable but he simply isn't the player he used to be. 

With it being reported at the time that Mauro was signed by the board instead of Manager Allardyce I can see him struggling to find first team football with our club and although I am not doubting his ability I can see him being used as an impact player when Nolan returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment